Android App Quick Review gives you short impressions of an app, because you are in a hurry and don't have time for long drawn-out reviews!

Ads Here

Thursday, November 10, 2011

AAQR: Espier Launcher (home replacement)

Espier Launcher is a DIRECT clone of the iOS Launcher / home (I think it's iOS 5, as it's identical to the one on my friend's 3GS updated to iOS5). I imagine they are looking at a lawsuit from Apple any day now.

EVERY feature is cloned down to the pixel. If you scroll left until the end you'll get a "search pane", just like iOS launcher. They even copied the Safari browser icon for the browser.

If you insist on making your Android phone an iOS look-alike, or you want to play a trick on your friends and claim this is really an iPhone, sure. Try it. As for me, it crashes like crazy on my OG Droid, just quits with no explanation.

Worth a look at, but probably not to keep.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/espier-launcher/mobi.espier.launcher

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Works well, not too much crashes, however it's battery indicator seems to be stuck on 100% with my ATT Galaxy LTE Skyrocket I've been using it on.
    Way easier to navigate than Gingerbread, wish it could include transparency, but overall a very neat trick!

    Satchmo Alexander

    ReplyDelete