Android App Quick Review gives you short impressions of an app, because you are in a hurry and don't have time for long drawn-out reviews!

Ads Here

Monday, March 28, 2011

Current state of Verizon Android Upgrades

back of Droid Incredible (Verizon)Image via Wikipedia
HTC Droid Incredible
Verizon currently is pulling a few tricks for customer retention, but I personally don't think they are doing enough.

I have the ORIGINAL Motorola Droid, which is getting a little long in the tooth. So, what's a geek to do? I walked into a Verizon store and inquire about my contract status.

My contract expires NEXT MARCH (2012). So I am eligible for "every 2" this coming NOVEMBER (2011), which is $50 off.

However, the Verizon rep said that I can pull an even EARLIER upgrade... if I am willing to pay a $20 "early upgrade fee".

Unfortunately, browsing through the store shows that even not so good phones are EXPENSIVE. HTC Droid Incredible (quite old, but still pretty fast) is like $200. Same with Motorola Droid 2 Global. The HTC Thunderbolt? $325 and up. And that's NOT counting that $20 fee, or whatever sales tax and such. I'll also need to get accessories. Eeek.

There's gotta be a sale soon. Maybe in June when iPhone "5" comes out...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment