Android App Quick Review gives you short impressions of an app, because you are in a hurry and don't have time for long drawn-out reviews!

Ads Here

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

AAQR: Samba Filesharing for Android

Samba Filesharing for Android is Samba made easy. Basically, it makes your Android device a file server on a Windows network. Other computers can see it by mapping a drive to it or browse through the network browser. And can then read/write from it.

I ran a test and it was easily able to log into a WiFi network at my work location and I was able to copy files to my Android through WiFi and get files at about 1 MB/sec

However, at home location I can get the both log into the same WiFi but I can't get my laptop to see the Samba device. There may be some problem with my router config though, or my network mapping setup.

Still it is worth trying out. Other file managers are releasing Samba plug-ins, which would make the filesharing even easier.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/samba-filesharing/com.funkyfresh.samba
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment